Name:
Location: Eagan, Minnesota, United States

I have an ambitious dream of winning the RAT race by 30 years of age( By that I mean earning money for the sake of survival..) I would like to create a difference in this world in as many ways as IMPOSSIBLE.. I am a Maverick who constantly seeks different and possibly better ways of doing things. My Mission Statement in life is as follows: Develop and use your Brains, Work Hard, Make Lots of money and use it to serve Society.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

One thing Uncle Sam needs to learn...

This year(2006) in October, United States anticipates its 300 Millionth baby. Its interesting to see that the US celebrated the arrival of the 200 Millionth baby in November, 1967 which is approximately 40 years ago. So, it takes nearly 40 years to increase the population by 100 million.. Grow up folks.. Here are some statistics that would put you to shame..

India( my proud Motherland...) ushered its Billionth Visitor in May, 2000 and the current estimates of the population as of 2005 stand at around 1.103 Billion(courtesy : United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA) Population Division (2004)) which means that we have managed to add another 103 Million citizens on this planet in 5 years flat.. Howzaat !!!

I have to admit that I am a baby when it comes to Baby-Economics. I have to grow up and understand the compelling logic behind my countrymen that is prompting them to have such pride and confidence in nurturing these human armies..

What fails to strike me is the fact that for the same resources, if there are more people to fight for, what should happen as a natural consequence is a dilution in quality. So, I will have to dig more to find the reason for preference of quantity over quality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home