Name:
Location: Eagan, Minnesota, United States

I have an ambitious dream of winning the RAT race by 30 years of age( By that I mean earning money for the sake of survival..) I would like to create a difference in this world in as many ways as IMPOSSIBLE.. I am a Maverick who constantly seeks different and possibly better ways of doing things. My Mission Statement in life is as follows: Develop and use your Brains, Work Hard, Make Lots of money and use it to serve Society.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Commonalities across professions..

I keep reading and listening to interviews.. I simply love to hear someone else share their views/opinions about their experiences in life and find it really enriching. Its for the same reason that I like reading biographies of people who document their experiences and share it with others.

Some observations on reading the interviews of cinema actresses made me to reflect on their applicability to my very own life and profession. I was pleasantly surprised to see the strong overlap in our lifestyles and could readily vibe with their thought process. !!!

Say for instance, actresses in India have a very short shelf life unlike their male counterparts. So, there is an inherent insecurity felt by these artists to give out their best and more importantly grab as much ( attention, money, fame and power) before they get sidelined to other younger. more glamourous stars.

I can say this experience is true even in the case of a young Software IT professional who feels, he/she needs to conquer the world in a hurry. A lot of things like personal and social life gets compromised in this process both consciously and unconsciously and I only really pity anyone who has been in this situation.

Going by my guess, these hard-hitters deseparately look forward to some kind-hearted souls who can take sympathy and empathise with their feelings and emotions.

Very few people have the maturity and experience to sense what kind of mental turmoil these young achievers have to undergo for being in the spotlight..

Should we say that the world is mean enough and wicked to have fun at their expense ?

I should conclude by saying that nature and time are the best healers !!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Morpheus said...

Would not this make sense without the IT in it? Young professional people are always in a rush to achieve, impress, arrive..anyways..and thats exclusive of nationality/religion/profession and also sometimes geographic location..

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home